Review and Swatches: Urban Decay x Disney’s Oz The Great and Powerful - Glinda & Theodora Palettes

Top - Glinda Palette / Bottom - Theodora Palette

Urban Decay’s newest limited edition palettes inspired by Disney’s movie, “Oz The Great and Powerful”, which will be released on March 8, 2013.

Come check out my review and see if you’ll be staying on the good side (Glinda) or bad side (Theodora).




 The new Disney film Oz The Great and Powerful tells the backstory of the wizard and the witches from L. Frank Baum’s book The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. Inspired by the movie’s theme of good witch vs. bad witch (and the good witch/bad witch dichotomy in all of us), we created two insanely gorgeous, limited-edition palettes loaded with beautiful, never-before-seen shades you'll want to own. We spent HOURS obsessively staring at images from the film (and not just the ones featuring its hot male lead, James Franco) to carefully craft the perfect mix of shades for these palettes.

Glinda Palette

Theodora Palette

Recreate Michelle Williams' ethereal, spellbinding look from the film with The Glinda Palette or copy Mila Kunis' captivating, edgy onscreen look with The Theodora Palette. Each one has six pans and EIGHT ALL NEW and exclusive Eyeshadows. Confused? These sets include two “duo-shades” that are split in half, with a different color on each side of the pan. Every shade features Urban Decay's Pigment Infusion System™, the proprietary blend of ingredients that gives each shade its velvety texture, rich color, serious staying power and blendability. Plus, you also get a Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color and a travel-size 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil.


The packaging for these limited eye shadow palettes are gorgeous since the artwork are so eye catching (Urban Decay did a really great job with the design!). The six eye shadows and eyeliner are placed in the tin pan (known as the “Build Your Own Palette”) which lets you switch eye shadows in and out of the palettes.

Glinda Palette

Glinda Palette

Theodora Palette

Theodora Palette

The font on the front palette pops out which gives it a little of dimension. The Glinda palette is designed with specks of pink, purple, gold, and peach while the Theodora palette is designed with darker shades like green, yellow, purple, and black in something similar like a random tie dye.




All of the eye shadows were pigmented with minimal fall out. They were also smooth and buttery and easy to blend out. Urban Decay eye shadows haven’t disappointed me yet. The eyeliners are one of my favorites and it does last for a very long time. And finally the lip pencil.. this thing was AWESOME. It was very moisturizing and easy to apply on to my lips. Both had a glossy finish but it surprisingly it lasted longer than my other lipsticks.



Glinda Palette:

Glinda Palette

Glinda Palette

Tornado – Deep Shimmery Purple
Aura (Duo Eye Shadow) – Shimmery Iridescent White-ish Blue & White-ish Pink
Magic – Pinkish Purple w/ a Golden Shimmery Base
Illusion – Light Pale Peach
Oz (Duo Eye Shadow) – Gold w/ Gold Glitter & Silver w/ Silver Glitter
South – Grey-ish Taupe

Light in Room.

Shade in Room.

Light Outside.

Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color in Glinda – Light Pink Nude


Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color in Glinda

Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color in Glinda

Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color in Glinda

24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Rockstar – Deep Dark Purple

24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Rockstar.

24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Rockstar.

Glinda Palette

 Theodora Palette:

Theodora Palette

Theodora Palette

Broken – Creamy Vanilla
Beware – Matte Brown
Bewitch – Grayish Brown
West – Dark Chocolate Brown
Spell (Duo Eye Shadow) – Black w/ Gold+Green Glitter & Golden Gold
Jealous (Duo Eye Shadow) – Medium & Light Pistachio Green

Light in Room.

Shade in Room.

Light Outside.

Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color in Theodora – Bright Red

Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Pencil in Theodora.

Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Pencil in Theodora.

Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Pencil in Theodora.

24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero – Black


24/7 Glide-On Pencil in Zero.

24/7 Glide-On Pencil in Zero.


Theodora Palette.



Original Retail – $49 EACH palette

Eye Shadows – 0.05 oz EACH (Full Size)
24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil – .03 oz EACH (Travel Size)
Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color – 0.10 oz EACH (Full Size)




These palettes are absolutely GORGEOUS. I already own a lot of Urban Decay products but these palettes surely doesn’t disappoint me one bit. Yes, there is fall out but it is minimal. The eye shadows, eye liners, and lip pencils are so creamy, soft, and easy to use. I don’t regret getting both since they are both set at an amazing price with high quality products. I like how they used the BYOP (Build Your Own Palette) for this collection because I have some other eye shadows that I can throw in and create the “ideal” palette for myself if I ever wanted to. All of the colors and art work is a plus and Urban Decay did such a great job.

Are you planning to pick these palettes up?
If so, which one(s)?

Thank you so much for reading!

24 comments:

  1. Ohhh these look so nice! I really like Glinda, it seems to have more variety. I personally don't need that many dark brown shades in my palettes lol The red lips look devine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are nice! Glinda is super pretty and I love all of the shades in there.. I also didn't need the Theodora palette but how can I pass on Urban Decay products?! Plus it's LE.. haha the red lip pencil has got to be my favorite!

      Delete
  2. These are both so beautiful. If I had to pick, I'd have picked the Glinda palette. Unfortunately, the Glinda palette is way too light for my skin. That red lip is intriguing, though not enough to get the whole Theodora palette!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there! Both of the eye shadows are GORGEOUS! i would pick the Glinda palette for the eye shadows but I really wished that they put the bright red pencil in the Glinda palette since it only contains soft pastel eye shades (which would go great with a bold bright red) and Theodora's palette contains more bold eye shadows (which would compliment the nude lips)..

      Delete
  3. amazing pictures as always! i would choose theodora's because the eye shadows seem more earth toned :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily! If you’re looking for neutrals then I would suggest getting their Naked, Naked 2, or Naked Basics palette (if you don’t own them already).. I do love the greens in the Theodora palette though! I’ll be selling (2) Naked Palettes, (1) Naked 2 Palettes, and (2) Naked Basics on my blog sale tomorrow!

      Delete
  4. GREAT pics & review! I really wanted these palettes, but I have so many UD shadows that they're very similar to ones I already one, so I couldn't justify the $50 price tag :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi.. thank you so much for reading and following! I own over 10 UD palettes and several of their single eye shadows but I just can’t seem to have enough of them =[ The palettes are gorgeous and limited edition + the extras (eye liner and lip pencil) is really nice.. but if the eye shadows are dupe-able in your stash then that is a reasonable answer ;]

      Delete
  5. Oh my God!!! I want Theodora now!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to make such a great post! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thank you so much! Theodora is so pretty especially that bright red lip pencil.. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

      Delete
  6. I would definitely go for Theodora's palette. :]

    I am now lusting after that red lip pencil..so creamy looking! ♥

    Dalia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!! The bright red lip pencil is heaven.. I love how wearable it is without it being too overpowering! Plus, it makes my teeth looks white.. hehe

      Delete
  7. Ouu I love the glinda set :) All those swatches pack so much punch :)

    Steph // fun size beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Glinda eye shadows are awesome and so so pretty! I just wish that it came with a deep lip shade since the majority of the eye shadows are all soft pastels.

      Delete
  8. ahhh so pretty!!! i would have gotten both too just to get the set! but i am slightly leaning towards Theodora since they are colors i'd more likely use. which one do you prefer? thanks for the amazing photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. totally what I did.. =) hehe Theodora is an ideal palette since it contains browns but Glinda is soooo pretty with its soft pastel shades.. but Theodora's lip pencil is freaking AMAZING... I would totally recommend Glinda all the way since I already own a lot of brown eye shadow.. but don't get me wrong 'cause I love both! hah

      Delete
  9. i love theodora palette more, but i wish it come with the nude lip color :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the bright red is sooo gorgeous though! ;) hehe it would've been nice if we could've picked which shade of lip pencil we wanted.. right?!? so much work for UD though if it ever happened in the future.. haha

      Delete
  10. Oh, goodness!

    I keep flip-flpping on these. Now I think I really, really want both of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're so beautiful that's why! i love them both.. i honestly think that you should get both if you want it ;D

      Delete
  11. I have Theodora but after seeing the swatches of Glinda - it is a must. Wonderful review :)

    Jen http://makesitup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice review~! But anyways, you and I have the same (or used to have) last name! :'D

    Viet power~ :'o

    ReplyDelete