Review and Swatches: Maybelline Dare to Go Nude Color Tattoo Eyeshadows for Spring 2014 in Pure Nude, Beige-ing Beauty, Nude Compliment, Sleek & Spice, Caramel Cool, and Stroke of Midnight.



Maybelline just recently launched their Dare to Go Nude Collection and it includes 6 BRAND NEW Color Tattoos!

Keep on reading to see a full review with pictures and comparisons...



"Dare to shine 24/7.


• Ink technology creates 24HR wear shadow for our most intense, long-lasting color saturation  



• Cream formula glides on without creasing and keeps color vibrant"



The product is in a heavy glass jar with a black screw on lid. The sticker labels are located on the black lid and you can see the actual color of the Color Tattoos on the other side. These DOES NOT have a LIMITED EDITION shrink wrap on them so I'm unsure if these Color Tattoos will be permanent or they are limited edition. (SORRY GUYS - I wish that I had the information)


Like mostly all of Maybelline Color Tattoos, I find that 5 out of the 6 shades had the creamy and smooth consistency which made it very easy to apply to the eyelids. You can use a brush to apply but I mainly prefer my clean finger. You definitely can't go wrong with these creamy Color Tattoos since they last for a really really really long time (...I just haven't tried them for 24 hours yet).








OVER BARE SKIN.

SWATCHED 2x - OVER BARE SKIN


Price - $5.79 EACH
Size - 0.14 oz


I'm so happy that Maybelline are STILL releasing Color Tattoos!!! They're absolutely one of my favorite items in my makeup collection. This is such a great inexpensive product and I hope that they continue making these forever and forever - because honestly I don't want to pay $20 for a MAC Paint Pot (...don't get me wrong, I do own a couple).

Anyways, I'm glad that they decided to make more neutral shades! I only had trouble with one of the Color Tattoos in this line and it was in the shade, Stroke of Midnight. It's a bit dry and patchy - it takes more time to blend out or to get an opaque finish. I tried using it as an eyeliner but it didn't create a clean line - trust me; it wasn't me... I used several brushes and I just couldn't get it the way I wanted it to be.


Sleek & Spice on the lids with Stroke of Midnight as my eyeliner.

See how the eyeliner looks patchy up close?! Yeah, not cute...

I'm gonna try to use Stroke of Midnight as a base tomorrow with Laura Mercier Black Karat on top and we'll see what happens - fingers crossed that it will look absolutely GORGEOUS.


Excuse me for not filling in my eyebrows =X I used Stroke of Midnight as the base and Laura Mercier's Black Karat. Honestly, I don't think that I'll use Stroke of Midnight as much since I had to do a lot of blending and slight pressure to get it look decent.


And this is why I absolutely LOVE Maybelline's Color Tattoos...
A quick swipe on the eyelids, some blending, and you're good to go if you're in a rush!

So what are you guys waiting for?! Go pick some up NOW!!



These are the closest dupes possible that I found with the other Color Tattoos; the other shades in this specific set - Beige-ing Beauty, Caramel Cool, and Stroke of Midnight - are unique so there aren't any close dupes. Enjoy! <3 font="">

Will you be on the hunt for the new Color Tattoos?

Leave your comments below!

12 comments:

  1. I want all of these, but haven't seen them yet, great post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep your eyes out for them. You'll see them soon!! Thank you =)

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for showing the swatches comparing them to the other Color Tattoos! This really helped me out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always a pleasure. Thanks for taking the time to read my blog :)

      Delete
  3. I'm so jealous, we've only had 8 shades so far in singapore! I wish we had all these too! they are sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only 8?! Awws =/ Tell me if you're in need of some makeup that you can't find over there in Singapore! I won't mind finding some and sending them over =P

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. whaaat? you should've been calling your Bed, Bath, and Beyond store nonstop! I kept 1 set, sold 2 set, and gave the other set to my friend.. =( hopefully you can get your hands on them.. Try your local CVS, Rite Aid, and Walgreens. Good luck!

      Delete
  5. I love these! i tried my first one last month, pink rose. i do love it...i need to get a hold of some of these too... i really like the lighter ones! thanks for the swatches!!

    you have a lovely blog btw, i'm your newest follower :)

    glossedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you can get your hands on these LE Color Tattoos! =) They're beautiful.. Thank you so much for following; I really appreciate it!

      Delete