Birchbox - July 2012 (Glamour Box Edition: The Senses)


Boscia Green Tea Blotting Linens
These shine-busting sheets absorb oil with all-natural green tea extracts to leave skin matte.
Size Received: Sample Size (25 sheets)



I'm giving these to my boyfriend! He has an oily face so I make him use these (He doesn't mind using it either!)

Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner in Purple
Direct from London, these punchy color liners feature a pen-style applicator that's truly goofproof.
Size Received: Full Size (.2 g / 0.07 oz)


I wasn't so excited when I saw a really light purple color on the base of the eyeliner. But, when I opened the eyeliner it was darker than the color shown outside. It is dark purple when swatched once but when you go over it a couple of times it is a deeper darker purple. I love this color so much (my first purple liquid eyeliner). It is also long-lasting, which is a plus!

Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint
This lightweight award-winner is our daily shortcut to dewy skin that feels natural and looks gorgeous.
Size Received: SMALL Sample Size (0.07 fl. oz / 2.3 mL)



Wow, this was SO SO SO tiny. There were 2 sizes sent out this month (.17 or a .07)... guess which one I received? -.- The tinier one..... I was so angry that I emailed birchbox but they have yet to fix the problem.. Oh, they'll hear from me SOON.

Oscar de la Renta - Live in Love
This elegant floral layers ethereal notes of hyacinth and orchid over a rich base of sandalwood and cedar.
Size Received: Sample Size (.03 fl. oz / 1 mL)


Don't like this scent AT ALL... To the sample pile it goes.

Larabar Uber in Cherry Cobbler
The latest addition to our snack drawer, these healthy and satisfying bars are packed with dried nuts and fruits.
Size Received: Sample Size


This was a pretty tasty bar. It was packed with a bunch of dried cherries but the nuts weren't that crunchy. Overall, it was pretty darn good.

Birchbox Exclusive Earbuds
We designed these neon headphones just for you. Pair them with your best playlist.
Size Received: 1 Pair of Earphones


These things suck! It's like talking in a tin can. horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE. I'm giving these to my 2 year old niece. The color is nice though :)

Overall, this month's box was okay. The blotting sheets will go to my wonderful boyfriend. I also love the eyeliner and this was the item that I wanted the most this month. The jouer product was great but I wished that I received the bigger size. The perfume was so gross that I almost gagged. Ugh! I hate perfume samples. And the 'extras' (bar and earbuds) were okay.

2 comments:

  1. My favorite product was definitely the eyeko liner. I received black, which was great, since I use it most. But I just loved the idea of the product since I suck with liquid liners! the perume was just awful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yesss~ mine too! I use black a lot too and I was hoping to get that also but I didn't.. the purple did go on dark so I was really happy about that! :)

      Ughhh, the perfume was so blaaah. do you have a favorite perfume?

      by the way, thanks for following my blog. it's nice to meet you! i'll be checking yours out ASAP!

      Delete