Review and Swatch: Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. 4


Urban Decay Book of Shadows IV



This is the first Urban Decay Book of Shadows that I own because I wasn’t interested into makeup until recently. I think that the packaging is beautiful with the butterflies popping out.  The colors on the palette are also vibrant which makes the packaging itself POP. 


With this palette there is also technology involved. You can scan the barcode with your smart phone and it will show you some how-to videos. There are 5 videos and it includes a variety of looks; from smokey eyes to neutral. I think that this was pretty neat but to be honest, I didn’t use it at all. There was also a spot where you can place your iPhone on to watch the videos while you are trying to replicate the look.


This palette includes:
-Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Perversion – Full size
-Urban Decay Primer Potion (New packaging) – Sample size
-Urban Decay Supercurl Curling Mascara
-Urban Decay Speaker and Cords


 I love this liquid liner so so so much. This was my first one and I plan on buying more when I run out. It is definitely one of the best liquid liners that I have. The brush is so fine and it is so easy to use. It is definitely pitch dark black and it just takes one swipe for an opaque line.


The primer potion is in the new packaging (squeezable tube) and I guess that it’s okay. It didn’t really matter to me if it came in the old genie bottle or the new squeezable tube. All I know is that this primer potion is the best of the best!


I haven’t tried this yet because I already have 3 tubes of mascara open but I can’t wait to try it! I will post a review later on when I use up all my mascara that are currently open.


The speakers are okay and nothing special. I’m gonna ask my boyfriend if he wants this so he can listen to music while he is in the shower.


It has a pull out drawer with all the items listed above and 16 eye shadows (10 of them which are brand new and exclusive to the palette)


Blue Bus – Blueish Purple
Gunmetal – Dark Grey
Cobra – Dark brown with gold glitter
Baked – Gold Copper


Bender – Forest Green
Gravity – Dark Purple
Lost – Dark brown
Hijack – Light Teal Blue


Midnight Cowgirl – Light golden white with gold sparkles
Sin – Light champagne
Midnight Rodeo – Medium brown with glitter
Crystal – Light blue with a hint of silver


Bust – Greyish taupe brown
Missionary – Light pink
Skimp – Beige nude
Zephyr – Shimmery white

Application: 4/5
Some of the shades were dry but most of them were blendable. Some were also sheer and you had to build the color to make it show.

Wearability: 4/5
There are a variety of colors and you can do a smokey or neutral look with this palette.


Color: 4/5
All of the colors are beautiful yet some needs a little bit more work (dryness and sheerness mentioned above).


Packaging: 4/5
The palette is beautiful but it is a bit too big and bulky. I won't be traveling with it but it does take up space.


Price: 5/5
I got this palette for only $26.1. I had a 10% off code and the shipping was free.




Overall: 21/25 -- B
I don't regret buying this palette at all. I love the colors and they are just beautiful. The top half was definitely my favorites and the bottle half was just okay because I already own a lot of neutrals. This palette went on sale a bunch of times and I believe that it is still at some of the Nordstrom racks. Definitely worth it! I should've picked up 10 of these...jk haha. The liquid eyeliner is $20 plus you get a primer potion, mini mascara, and 16 eyeshadows. If you don't have this, go try to pick it up right now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment