Review and Swatch: Urban Decay Build Your Own Palette + 5 Other Urban Decay Eye Shadows

New re-formulated eye shadows with a build your own palette.
Check out what colors I picked out . . .


Front of the palette
Back of the palette
My Palette
Application: 5/5
These are the re-formulated eye shadows and they are just absolutely fantastic. I’ve always loved Urban Decay’s eye shadows because they were always great. So rich, buttery, smooth, and long lasting that it just glides on to your skin without any trouble. You also won’t forget that Urban Decay has the best velvety texture for eye shadows.

Wearability: 5/5
The eye shadows are definitely wearable. YOU get to pick what shades you want in your palette so it should be your own taste of what you like using. I definitely think that the eye shadows’ formula are amaaazing like I had stated earlier.

Color: 5/5
Walk of Shame – Light nude with a matte finish
Last Call – Burgundy purple with some pink hint to it
Woodstock – Bright hot pink
Stray Dog – Medium Taupe-ish Brown
Mildew – Olive green with a hint of bronze
Haight – Mermaid blue




Packaging: 5/5
Palette - The packaging is so cute and I just love the details/color on the palette. I also love how it is so easy to pop eye shadows in and out of its place. The palette isn’t thick but just the right size. It only fits 6 eye shadows in a palette and one eye shadow is already included with the palette, which is Walk of Shame. The mirror inside is also really big and fills up the top half. They also include another bonus freebie which is the brush.

Brush
Mirror
Eye Shadows – The cardboard boxes are really nice. It has a window cut out so that you can see the shade. There is also a big fat label on the top (indicating the shade) and the ingredients are on the back of the sticker. The eye shadows compacts are still their signature tokens but now they are no longer made out of that plastic case; instead they are made out of a chrome material. It is absolutely just stunning. The old eye shadows do fit into the palette but it is a VERY tight fit (there will be another post about that).

Price: 3.5/5
My boyfriend and I paid $75.18 (with shipping and tax included) for all 5 eye shadows + the build your own palette. Pretty pricey but I already knew that before I ordered it.

Original Value: $108 (w/out shipping and tax)
What I Paid: $75.18!!!!! (Saved $32.82)

Overall: 
I really do love this palette and I don’t regret spending so much money on it. My boyfriend and I both split it (because he is the best boyfriend ever!). I’m really happy that I got it because I truly do love it so so so much. I plan on picking up a few more eye shadows and another palette later on. I really want X, Freelove and Mushroom. Go pick this up if you have the $$$ to spend on this amazing palette filled with your very own eye shadows that you picked out.

5 comments:

  1. This is definitely on my wishlist! I wish it wasn't so expensive though. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep an eye out for 20% off codes :) It will save you a lot of $$$ :) Look at how much I paid mine for; I used codes and rebates.

      Delete
  2. 20% off.. did you get this at Ulta? lol. I think for X and Freelove, unless you really want both of them, only one is fine because when I had both of them, they were so similar, I ended up giving the other one away. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. online :) not at ulta though. I really really really want Freelove first.. haha which one did you like better?

      Delete
    2. I liked Freelove more than X because X barely showed up on me. lol

      Delete