Is the Vice Palette comparable to other Urban Decay Eye Shadows?


There's this WHOLE TALK about Urban Decay just renaming their eye shadows for their Vice Palette which consists of 20 BRAND NEW eye shadows.

What do you think?

Keep on reading to see various swatches to see if Urban Decay really did rename their eye shadows for the Vice Palette...

There was a picture earlier made from another Author about how the Vice Palette can be easily duped so I used it as a reference but she kindly emailed me to remove her content so I did.
So sorry guys!!

Anyways..
I posted the name of the eye shadow and then in parenthesis I put from which palette or single eye shadow I swatched it from.
So, LET'S BEGIN!

Desperation and Pistol.

Desperation (Vice Palette)
Pistol (Naked 2 Palette)

Pistol is way lighter than Desperation.

Muse, Twice Baked, Busted, MIA, and Lost.

Muse (Vice Palette)
Twice Baked (Single Eye Shadow)
Busted (Naked 2 Palette)
MIA (15th Year Anniversary)
Lost (Book of Shadows IV)

If Busted was a tad bit darker and had those tiny gold flecks then it would be spot on to Muse. MIA is also kinda close!

[Insert Jagged w/ Smog & Cobra Pic] <---- Forgot to take picture! I will add it tmw!

Blitz.

Blitz (Vice Palette)

I don't have any eye shadows like this. I also don't own El Dorado so I can't tell if it's a dupe or not.

Penny Lane, Half-Baked, and Baked.

Penny Lane (Vice Palette)
Half-Baked (Naked Palette)
Baked (Book of Shadows IV)

I don’t have Blaze but look at Penny Lane and Baked ALMOST the same but Baked is a little bit darker than Penny Lane.

24/7 eyeliner in Junkie, Junkie, Haight, and Hijack.

24/7 eyeliner in Junkie
Junkie (Vice Palette)
Haight (My Buildable Palette)
Hijack (Book of Shadows IV)

I don’t have Kush.. As you can tell, I don’t own any eye shadows like Junkie. But it’s the same as the eyeliner! Sooo pretty!!

Chaos.

Chaos (Vice)

Nothing even close.

Occupy, Pistol, Gunmetal, and Ace.

Occupy (Vice Palette)
Pistol (Naked 2 Palette)
Gunmetal  (Naked Palette)
Ace (15th Anniversary Palette)

Maybe if you mix ACE and Gunmetal up.. But Occupy and Gunmetal?! No way.

Unhinged, Haight, Deep End, and Hijack.

Unhinged (Vice Palette)
Haight (Buildable Palette)
Deep End (15th Anniversary Palette)
Hijack (Book of Shadows IV)

Unhinged and Deep End is REALLY close! Almost exactly the same!

Black Market and Blackout.

Black Market (Vice Palette)
Blackout (Naked 2 Palette)

Wow! Black Market was so much easier to work with. Of course Black Market has that slight brown undertone to it. Sadly, I don't own any Perversion in eye shadow form. 

Provocateur, Midnight Cowboy, and Midnight Rodeo.

Provocateur (Vice Palette)
Midnight Cowboy (Single Eye Shadow)
Midnight Rodeo (Book of Shadows IV)

None of it has that baby pink base + glitter like Provocateur.

Rapture, Gravity, Ecstacy, Omen, and Vice.

Rapture (Vice Palette)
Gravity (Book of Shadows IV)
Ecstacy (Single Eye Shadow)
Omen (15th Anniversary Palette)
Vice (Vice Palette)


I can’t find my Rockstar.. maybe I lost it =/ but Gravity is a tad bit too dark for Rapture but Gravity is pretty close to Vice.


Noise, Woodstock, and Junkshow.

Noise (Vice Palette)
Woodstock (Buildable Palette)
Junkshow (15th Anniversary Palette)

Woodstock is definitely close to Noise but of course there’s that slight difference. 

Armor and Gunmetal.

Armor (Vice Palette)
Gunmetal (Single Eye Shadow)

Armor has little specks of glitter and is leaning towards brown so they aren't really dupes.
I don't own S&M!

Nevermind, Chopper, Snakebite, Smog, and Stray Dog.

Nevermind (Vice Palette)
Chopper (Naked 2 Palette)
Snakebite (Naked 2 Palette)
Smog (Naked Palette)
Stray Dog (Buildable Palette)

Looks more like Stray Dog and NOT Chopper. Nevermind and Chopper is way off.

Echo Beach, Half Baked, Vanilla, and Midnight 15th.

Echo Beach (Vice Palette)
Half Baked (Naked 2 Palette)
Vanilla (15th Anniversary Palette)
Midnight 15th (15th Anniversary Palette)

Looks more like Vanilla and Midnight 15th combined. Half baked? Way off.

Anonymous, Skimp, Foxy, and Walk of Shame.

Anonymous (Vice Palette)
Skimp (Book of Shadows IV)
Foxy (Naked 2 Palette)
Walk of Shame (Buildable Palette)

It’s more like Walk of Shame which is exclusively to their 6 pan buildable eye shadow palette.

Freebird, SWF, and Sin.

Freebird (Vice Palette)
SWF (Single Eye Shadow)
Sin (Book of Shadows IV)

Mmm, idk about this one.. I don’t own Scandal. If Sin was less champagne and more pink maybe this would’ve worked.

Laced, Virgin, Skimpy, and Walk of Shame.

Laced (Vice Palette)
Virgin (Naked Palette)
Skimp (Book of Shadows IV)
Walk of Shame (Buildable Palette)

None of it has the pinkish-gray tint to it.


So, this concludes that Urban Decay just didn't rename their eye shadows for the Vice Palette. 

The closest dupes that I can find is:

-Muse w/ Busted
-Penny Lane w/ Baked
-Unhinged w/ Deep End
-Gravity w/ Vice
-Noise w/ Woodstock
-Anonymous w/ Walk of Shame

I hope that you really enjoyed this post b/c I really took my time with this! =]
Thank you so much for reading :]

25 comments:

  1. Very helpful! I don't think I will get the Vice Palette though; I have too much UD stuff I need to use up! In the meantime I will just drool over your swatches...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can never have too much UD stuff!! haha

      maybe you can ask someone to get it for you? maybe for Christmas? :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome swatches! I will definitely be buying more UD items now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! :) tell me when you do order something hehe

      Delete
  3. My concern is not solely that the colors are dupes, but also that, as with the 15th Anniversary, the "new, exclusive colors" from this palette will soon turn up either as pans or in other combinations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah but look at the value of the whole palette.

      if they do put this as single eye shadows it would be $18 EACH..

      so it is new and exclusive to this palette.

      it's also fair game if they want to put these colors in other palettes or as single eye shadows.

      Delete
  4. Great Info! I am glad I ordered the Vice Palette!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay :) i'm glad that you ordered it too. i know that you'll love!

      thanks for following my blog.

      Delete
  5. want want want neeeed! i have the naked2 palette and its one of my favourite makeup items! this might have to be my next investment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great blog btw! its really helpful! i gave you a little follow! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. at first I really wanted it but then I convinced myself that I need it :P I love the Naked 2 Palette too but I have yet to review the Naked Palette or Naked 2 Palette (maybe soon? >.<) hehe thank you for following my blog :)

      Delete
  7. I really want this now :-( while just have to wait till Xmas now ;-)

    http://dipsydays.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for conforming my purchase! lol I knew Urban Decay wouldn't do that to us haha. Except I have to wait until october 1st when it comes out in Sephora and stupid Urban Decay wont ship to canada :( Maybe hubby will get it for me for Christmas....

    Anyways I'm a follower now :)
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. if UD did that to us, I would be VERY grumpy! haha

    UD really needs to step it up with international shipping.. it's difficult though >.<

    hopefully you'll get it soon and review it on your blog!

    thank you so much for following me :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I am planning to get this palette. xD Thanks for sharing! I have the Alice in Wonderland and 15th Anniversary palettes and I really love them. I have been wanting the Deluxe box for a really long time, but never get to it, because it is permanent. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lucky! i want the alice in wonderland palette >.<

      if you wait for a sale, you can get 20% off their deluxe shadow box!

      thanks for following <3

      Delete
  11. Awesome review!
    All that swatching and comparing is a ton of work, great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a really helpful post I see some colors I really like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muse, Junkie, Vice, and Noise are so pretty :)

      Delete
  13. I found that the glitters had little pigment to them. I was sad. I liked the shimmers though. Not enough mattes.
    I Am THE Makeup Junkie
    http://iamthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really?! little pigmentation...? uhmmm look at my other blog post on the actual review of the vice palette here: http://vickyhoang.blogspot.com/2012/09/review-and-swatch-urban-decay-vice.html

      i could only think of 1 which was jagged..

      weird..

      Delete
  14. Thanks so much for taking the time to do this! I tweeted your blog as it was so helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for supporting and following me! <3

      Delete