Love with Food - October 2012 (Jump Start the School Year)

Love with Food

With the school year in full swing, it’s once again a challenge to pack healthful, tasty lunches. These delights will keep parents and kids energized and ready to seize the day. While packing your own lunch, don’t forget that you also donated a meal to hungry children all across America.

Love with Food - October 2012

Organic Pu-erh Tea from Numi
Exotic and aromatic, these unique blends of black tea are high in caffeine.


Blackberry Blossom Honey Straws from Nature’s Kick
To enjoy the floral bouquet of this liquid nectar, snip off the ends of your honey stick and stir into your Pu-erh tea.


Cranberry Orange Cookies from Natasha’s Health Nut Cookies
Made with almond meal, these all-natural baked goods are diabetic-safe, low-carb and free of gluten.


^ This cookie was pretty good! :]

Mountain Mambo Mix from Enjoy Life Foods
Free of the 8 most common food allergens, this fun trail mix includes raw sunflower kernels, apples, and tiny chocolate chips.


All-Natural Cheddar Cheese Baked Fries from Snikiddy
Gluten & what free, these crunchy snacks have half the fat of regular potato chips.


^ These tasted like Cheeto Fries but it got nasty after a while. I gave them to my 2 year old niece though and she liked them.

Applesauce from GoGo squeeZ
100% natural fruits meet our fun pouch to bring you a healthy snack the busiest of people can enjoy.


Acai Strawberry Sesame Strips from Mrs. May’s Naturals
White sesame seeds mingle with acai superfruit and antioxidant-rich strawberries.


There were 2 cards in this box, one from CloudMom and one from Love w/ Food. The CloudMom card was informative with tips like how to re-use the pumpkin pieces from the Jack O’ Lantern.  One of her ideas was roasting the seeds, “wash the seeds, coat lightly with olive oil, sprinkle w/ sea salt, and roast for 20 minutes at 350 F.” I love eating sunflower seeds, watermelon seeds, pumpkin seeds, and such cause they are so yummy! I can’t wait to make some myself :] Another idea was for the baby, “cut the pumpkin into cubes, steam and puree.” For the flesh of the pumpkin, I plan on using it for PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE!  I want to go pick out a pumpkin now! For more “practical advice, tips, & how-to videos, from one mom to you; www.cloudmom.com.”

I really liked this box because I didn’t spend too much money on it. Believe it or not but I only paid $7 for 3 months! What a steal, right?!  I can’t wait for next box to arrive! It came quickly because it was shipped from Santa Claral, California!

Have you ever tried a food subscription before? This was my first time and I really like it =]

Thanks for reading!!

26 comments:

  1. I had a subscription to Love with Food for awhile but I cancelled just because I was getting subbed out! This looks like a great box though. I'm glad to see they're including more GF products. I'm bummed I missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the items looks amazing, and the price is so good too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! these are gonna be my mini snacks for school :P haha

      Delete
  3. ooh, I should check this out! Having only recently been struck down by a gluten intolerance, I'm still trying to find carb-y foods that won't leave me nauseous, itchy, and in pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snacks are really yummmy! My 2 nieces (2 years old and 6 month) really enjoy them :)

      Delete
    2. The tea looks awesome too, I'm definitely gonna look around for it!!

      Delete
    3. Im not a tea person but I'm gonna try it w/ the honey sticks :)

      Delete
    4. I am a jasmine tea fiend lol. A jasmine addict in general, tbh. I love the smell and taste.

      Delete
    5. Im more of a water girl haha but i will try them out :) have you bought anything lately?

      Delete
    6. Water is my favourite too lol. I bought a bag and a set of nail polish, both should arrive sometime this week!

      Delete
    7. From LastCall?!?! My bf was going to buy me a juicy bag but i forgot to remind him and now the sale is over lols >.< oooh which nail polish? My sephora order came in today (in the glow set) and i'm waiting for my drugstore.com order ^.^ did you get anything from urban decay? My stuff from them came in a couple of days ago..

      Delete
    8. Yup! It was a great deal! Bummer y'all forgot :( hopefully they'll have another sale soon! I'll post pics of mine probably tomorrow, been too busy to do anything lately haha. The nail polish was a The New Black set that was on Groupon a few weeks ago, I can't wait to try it out! I love getting packages in the mail, it's like Christmas ALL THE TIME. Nope, unfortunately I didn't, I don't know how I held back the UD monster in my head!

      Delete
    9. my ex bf now... >.> ooh i wanna see! i know.. im just gonna focus in school ^____^ i always see those sets; go review 'em girl! haha yesss i just got packages today too :) awws.. i know that you wanted a couple of things from UD.. how did you resist? tell me your secrets ehehe

      Delete
    10. oh no, I'm sorry to hear that :( I'll try to swatch them tomorrow! Yay for packages! Shopping is the best. I just got distracted by midterms, too busy freaking out over exams to empty out my wallet haha.

      Delete
    11. it's okay.. we're still really good friends :)

      Delete
  4. This box looks great, very healthy!

    http://buttonsapart.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. too bad that we dont have food boxes in Estonia,i really like these kind of boxes:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmmm, love staff like that! i just follwed your blog maybe follow back? :D xx

    http://welcome-to-my-closet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi,

      i don't follow for follow. so sorry! but i'll check out your blog :)

      Delete
  7. This sounds pretty awesome! I have heard of these before but I never thought to check it out :) there are so many subscriptions now, beauty boxes, pet boxes and now food boxes! What will be next? XD
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. this snack box looks so cool! I really like those sesame candies hahah.. I eat them once in a blue moon lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a good snack box! my one and only food subscription box.. haha i've tried these little cracker thingies once and i liked them so hopefully i'll like the ones in the box too :)

      Delete