Review and Swatch: Mineral Hygienics Foundation in Light Tan & Medium Tan + Kabuki Brush

Mineral Hygienics Foundation, Bronzer, & Finishing Powder

This came in last week and I'm finally posting my review on it..
Come check out my review on Mineral Hygienics products!!



Mineral Hygienics Foundation, Bronzer, & Finishing Powder.


Long lasting mineral makeup with the fewest ingredients which helps the skin breathes better. It also has SPF to protect you from the sun. Perfect for all skin types and gives you a natural glow. If you don’t like the products, the company gives you your MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. (Written in my own words)



The Box.

It came in their customized box; not just those plain regular brown box or postal service boxes. The box was cute with flowers on the side and explaining what their company is all about. They also threw in a thank you on the box! All of the products were packaged inside with black and pink crinkly hard papers included with brochures, one piece of candy, and the products that they sent me! The foundations came in a huge plastic jar with a sifter and a black cap.

Sweet, simple, and sincere!




The Kabuki Brush.


The foundations are finely milled making it very easy to blend around my face. I used the Kabuki Brush that they provided me with and it was so easy and quick to buff the mineral foundation on to my skin. It lasted all day for me even when I sweat around my nose and forehead.

Close-up of the Kabuki Brush.



Mineral Hygienics Foundation in Light Tan.

Mineral Hygienics Foundation in Medium Tan


It's kinda weird how Light Tan is darker than Medium Tan. I did use my fingers to swatch the foundations so I think that it must have oxide or something. I used a q-tip later that night to apply some of the foundation on my jaw line to see which shade would work better for me and it showed up totally different then the picture above.




Price: $25 each jar
Size: Unknown; but it is HUGE.




Before (Left) & After (Right) using Light Tan

I have the most problems around between my mouth and nose. I only have breakouts there and I have dark spots that show (as you can tell in the before picture). On the right side (after picture) you can see that some of the dark spots are covered! This picture was straight from my camera; so no edits whatsoever! I used the same lighting/same angle and you can see how my face is glowing!


Before (Left) & After (Right) using Light Tan

My skin is already clear but as mentioned earlier, I only have problems around the area between my mouth and nose. You can see how the foundation covers some of the dark spots AND my pimple is less noticeable with the foundation.


The brush was very fluffy yet dense and it worked perfectly with the mineral foundations. The only complaint that I had was that the brush smelled REALLY bad (even after when I washed it) and it was kinda shedding a little bit. BUT, I really like these foundations since it’s super lightweight and it just gives my face that natural glow. I can really say a lot of great things about this company because they only use 4 ingredients, products have SPF protection, it is water resistant, there is no streaking, and so much more! I really don’t use foundations much but I think that I will use these since they have SPF protection and it’s really lightweight on me! I don't need much coverage but I like how it covers some of my dark spots and it also makes my pimple less noticeable! :] 


I will be posting my before and after picture with Medium Tan soon and I will also be reviewing the bronzer and finishing powder! But for now you can check out Mineral Hygienics Eye Shadow in Moss.

By the way.. there is a 10% off code for my readers! Use vickyhoang to get the discount :]


What do you think? Can you see a difference in my pictures?
Have you tried any mineral foundation before? Did you like it or not?


Thank you so much for reading!

19 comments:

  1. Looks great~ def. cancelled out the redness and looks so naturally pretty<3

    Great review!

    xoxo
    EV
    eviiarty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really does cancel out the redness! thank you so much for the compliment, EV! :D

      Delete
  2. The brush probably smelled really bad because it is natural bristles. Natural bristles usually smell bad, especially when it's wet which is why I prefer synthetic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I know that natural bristles smell bad.. but this was worse than my other natural brushes.. it goes away though :) thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. That's nice that they give you a money back guarantee!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it definitely is nice :) most companies don't do that now a days..

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. you can get it online at mineralhygienics.com :)

      Delete
  5. looks really good, definitely have to try this :)
    x
    bellambeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there is a 10% off code for my readers (vickyhoang) ; you should definitely get something :)

      Delete
  6. Hello! I've been following your blog and decided to award you with the Liebster Award! Learn more about it on my blog!

    Look forward to seeing more of your post!

    http://easternluggage.blogspot.com/2012/10/liebster-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for being a follower! I did one recently so I think that I will pass this time. Thank you so much tho ;) <3

      Delete
  7. Hi sweetie.

    Thanks for stopping by, I love your blog and the products you review.
    Now following you on GFC, would love it if you followed back!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey! thanks for stopping by and following... MORE reviews to come ;)

      Delete
  8. Ouuu mineral makeup always interests me :D ! It just gets annoying because it gets super messy and ins't travel friendly D: ahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes mineral makeup is awesome! :P it can get messy but a little goes a looong way.. i think that this would be great for traveling because it doesn't take up much space and it's not liquid! :D

      Delete
  9. awesome review!!!

    Would you like to follow each other on gfc and bloglovin to stay in touch?

    The Closet 365

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there!

      Sorry but I don't follow for follow! :/

      Thanks for stopping by my blog though <3

      Delete
  10. Nice post. I learn something more challenging on different blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content from other writers and practice a little something from their store. I’d prefer to use some with the content on my blog whether you don’t mind. I’ll give you a link on your web blog. I recently came to know about www.avanaaustralia.com.au/, their Mineral Makeup are very effective.
    Mineral Makeup Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete