Review and Swatches: Cargo Blushes in Cable Beach, Coral Beach, Tenerife, and Mendocino

Cargo Blushes in Cable Beach, Coral Beach, Tenerife, and Mendocino.

Finally a review on my current favorite brand of blushes! Check 'em out



Cargo Blushes in Cable Beach, Coral Beach, Tenerife, and Mendocino.

Beach Blush: "Imagine the perfect marriage of blush and bronzer!  Four harmonious shades work together to provide perfectly flushed cheeks with a sun-drenched glow. Golden goddess effects in a flash! Our BeachBlush™ has earned its status as one of CARGO’s most iconic products and even appeared as a question on Jeopardy!  Packaged in our signature tin with generous surface area for easy swirling."

Blush: “Second to none” is how famed makeup artist Jackie Gideon describes our blushes.  Jackie’s favorite shade is Catalina, while celebrity artist Sam Fine loves Laguna.  With professional formulations and a wide array of colors that range from neutral to vibrant, our blushes have earned their place on sets of film and television and have become must-haves in makeup kits everywhere." 


CARGO Embossed on the Lid.

All of the blushes are housed in their signature style tins which is quite adorable and unique. Their brand name "CARGO" is embossed on the lid (pictured above) and on the bottom has details like the name of the blush, how much it weighs, where it was made, etc. 

The only problem that I had?! It took up too much space in my drawers so I had to depot all of the blushes into a freestyle palette (pictured below). It was really easy to depot and I'll list how I did it.

  • Open the lid and find a tiny space between the blush pan and container.
  • Wiggle a small knife or blade (I used an exacto knife) through that space.
  • Grab the blush pan on the sides when it is slightly lifted up
  • Remove plastic insert on the bottom that was acting like a stand for the blush
  • Take a hair blow dryer and heat the bottom of the container (where the sticker is located) for about 10-15 seconds
  • Stick your knife or blade and remove the sticker (if it's still sticky then use the blow dryer for a little bit longer)
  • Remove the sticker and apply it to the bottom of your blush pan that you just depotted!

Depotted Blushes in a Freestyle Palette.


For the beach blush you can use the shades individually or swirl it all together for a gorgeous flush of highlighter, blush and bronzer. I tend to swirl it all together but at times I use it individually. You can use it as an eye shadow, highlighter, blush, or bronzer which is pretty neat!

Application is pretty simple and common. Just select what shade you want to use, sweep product on cheeks, and blend blend blend.


Cable Beach - "Sweet Pink Bronze Color Medley"


Cargo Blush in Cable Beach.

Cargo Blush in Cable Beach.

Coral Beach - "Warm Peach Bronze Color Medley"


Cargo Blush in Coral Beach.

Cargo Blushes in Coral Beach.

Tenerife - Matte Rosy Bronze


Cargo Blush in Tenerife.

Cargo Blush in Tenerife. 

Mendocino - "Wildflower Pink w/ a Gold Sheen"


Cargo Blush in Mendocino.

Cargo Blush in Mendocino 

Swatches of Cargo Blushes in Cable Beach, Coral Beach, Tenerife, and Mendocino.



Original Retail - Beach Blush is $30 & the regular Blush is $29
Size - 9 g



I really love the blushes and I must say that I tend to use these ones out of all my other blushes. They're so pretty and I can use them for a variety of things instead of picking up different products. Mendocino was the first Cargo blush that I received from my lovely boyfriend and I fell in love ever since. I still use Mendocino the most since it just gives me a beautiful glow to my face without too much product since the pigmentation is by far amazing!

Here is a little chart that I created comparing blushes with the cost and size:


In the beginning, I thought that Cargo blushes were so highly priced but IT'S NOT because it contains a large amount of product at a really great price point.

Overall, I'm in love with these blushes and I absolutely want more of them!

Have you ever tried any Cargo products before?

Thank you so much for reading!

13 comments:

  1. Ohhh...well these look gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your price comparison at the end! Very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! i'll always look back into this chart when i'm buying blushes ;D

      Delete
  3. I would've thought that that blush was way overpriced had you not put that comparison in the end. That's really helpful c: and it makes the price seem more reasonable lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i felt the same way! i had to see it out in a list so i made it :) the price is definitely reasonable for the amount of product we're getting!

      Delete
  4. I have one cargo blush, but I haven't used it yet. Thanks for sharing! :)

    xx Denysia Yu
    http://denysiayu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love cargo blushes! you should try it soon :) thanks for reading!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the comment :) Love your blog, the photos are great!

    X
    www.shogoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming back to check out my blog ;) thank you so much for the awesome compliment.

      Delete
  6. Hey Vicky. I like the chart you made. Nice pictures and quite informative. I really liked your blog when I took a look through it yesterday, so I decided to nominate you for the versatile blogger award as one of my fav recently discovered blogs. :-) http://strawberryheartschocolatedarts.blogspot.com/2013/03/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete