Review and Swatches: Urban Decay Naked 3



Ahhh Naked 3 is finally here!

Come check out my review on this gorgeous palette by the one and only URBAN DECAY.



“It’s finally here: the long-awaited follow-up Naked and Naked2 (two of the industry’s all-time bestselling palettes)! And this time around, we’re giving you a dozen NEW ways to get Naked. (Yes, we loaded this palette with 12 NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN shades.

Choose from every finish imaginable: ultra-smooth mattes, gorgeous pearls and glimmering metallics. From the palest, shimmery pink to deep, warm black, these neutrals will make you want to get Naked all over again. Every shade features our Pigment Infusion System™, the proprietary blend of ingredients that gives each shade its velvety texture, rich color, serious staying power and blendability.”








“Our art-school-inspired tin case is a gorgeous rose-gold color (a subtle hint at the shades inside). Embossed on top with a big “Naked3” and cool facets that beg to be touched, it’s sure to inspire lots of jealous stares. 
Naked3 includes a NEW double-ended shadow/blending brush AND an Eyeshadow Primer Potion sampler with resealable samples of all four formulas (original, Sin, Eden and Anti-Aging). Each sample holds about a week’s worth of Primer!"

The packaging didn’t draw me in at first because of the “cool facets” but overall I like the rose gold tin case (which is similar to their Naked 2 packaging). I didn’t like the primer potion sampler but it’s okay because I already own all of the primer potions – I felt like Urban Decay could’ve put something else in like an exclusive lipstick or even a double ended eyeliner. Nevermind the double ended eyeliner because they just released the Naked pencils going for $16.


Like all Urban Decay shadows the majority of them were buttery, soft, easy to apply, with minimum fall out. The only shadows I’m having trouble with are Dust and Trick. Dust literally falls and applies like dust so I have to apply it on top of a cream base or another eye shadow. Trick has a weird wet like texture and it doesn’t look so great in the pan – porous and uneven.







Strange – pale neutral pink matte-satin
Dust – pale metallic pink shimmer w/iridescent micro-glitter
Burnout – light pinky-peach satin
Limit – light dusty rose matte
Buzz – metallic rose shimmer w/silver micro-glitter
Trick – light metallic pinky-copper shimmer w/tonal micro-sparkle
Nooner – medium pinky-brown matte
Liar – medium metallic mauve shimmer
Factory – pinky-brown satin
Mugshot – metallic taupe shimmer w/slight pink shift
Darkside – deep taupe-mauve satin
Blackheart – smoky black matte w/rosy red micro-sparkle


The NAKED 3 only comes with Anti-Aging, Eden, Original, and Sin.


Price – $52
Size – 1.3 g / 0.05 oz x 12 eye shadows

-It also comes with a double ended eyeliner and a primer potion sampler packet.


This is a very gorgeous palette following Naked 1, Naked 2, and Naked 3. The pink undertones can be a bit too much but they’ve included some browns into the palette which is really nice. The packaging style isn’t to die for but it’s in a rose gold tin case – now who doesn’t love rose gold?! I believe that 2 of  the eye shadows needs more work – ahem Dust and Trick – but overall the quality of the eye shadows are indeed Urban Decay’s awesome formula. The brushis also new and it is quite lovely compared to their other ones. Do you need this? Maybe not. But do I? YES! I got it when it first released on their site and I don’t regret it one bit. It’s just the Urban Decay junkie in me.

Will you be getting this palette?
What do you think about the Naked line?
Is it a bit too much or are you hoping for a Naked 4 already?

Leave your comments below and I will be sure to reply to them! I haven’t been blogging much but I’m so ready for 2014!  A brand new domain and I’ll be sure to blog AT LEAST 2-3 times a week. Thank you so much for reading.

21 comments:

  1. Great swatches Vicky! I'm not sure if I NEED this yet or not. I'm drowning in eyeshadow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course you need it Shelby! I think that I have enough eyeshadows to last until my great great great ..... grandchildren hahaha if you get what I'm saying; I need to do a makeup collection video soon.

      Delete
  2. I'm jealous! I wasn't really interested in the shades from 1 and 2, but I'm loving the rose hues of 3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful, I'm in love with the rose undertones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so pretty! Lovely post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The naked 3 palette looks really great, however most of the shades are slightly pinkish?? :p anyways it's still pretty can't wait to get my hands on 'em :D
    http://alexandragunawan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The shadows ranges from pink to brown :) that was the whole concept of the Naked 3

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous packaging and shades, although too pink toned for me x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't feeling the packaging too much but now I'm okay with it. I do agree that it is a bit pink toned but overall a very great palette!

      Delete
  7. I honestly only liked one or to shades but its hard t o pass on any naked lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! Naked 1, Naked 2, Naked Basics, Naked 3.. now I need to get the Naked Eyeliners!

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous. Mine is currently wasting away in my husbands closet, ready to be unwrapped on Christmas morn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photos are very pretty! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty palette! I really like it when seeing online pictures and swatches, but the appeal somehow fades when I see the palette in person.. I guess I don't really suit pink tones

    ReplyDelete
  11. So tempted to get this!
    Following you now on GFC, Please follow back and return the support will appreciate it <3
    http://redraoalice.blogspot.com/2014/01/awesome-international-giveaway-january.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seriously jealous that you have this palette in your possession! Your pictures are amazing as well. I love the Naked line and I hope they continue producing new palettes in the range.

    Oh, and I found you through MakeupTalk - looking forward to reading more of your blog. :)

    ☮ ♡ :) Melli -- mellivi.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your swatches and pictures are great! I am so tempted to get this! It was out of stock for the longest time online, and now it's finally back in stock, but I bought all these other palettes instead in the meantime, so I don't know what to do!! arghh! decisions decisions!

    glossedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the Naked 3 pallette!! There are some really pretty shades in it <3

    ReplyDelete