Review and Swatches: Givenchy Ombre Couture Cream Eyeshadow in Rose Dentelle


I must say that cream eyeshadows are one of my favorite makeup products to use since it's easy and quick to throw on my lids for a busy student like myself...

But is this cream eyeshadow worth $23?

Come check out what I have to say about Givenchy's Ombre Couture Cream Eyeshadow in Rose Dentelle.



What it is: 
A new generation of creamy, waterproof, long-lasting eye shadow. 

What it does: 
These gorgeous shadows glide on instinctively, hugging the curves of the eyelid, and then dry down to a powdery finish for up to 16 hours of long-wearing, waterproof color. The chic, saturated shades can be layered or mixed to create your own unique signature color or ombre combination. 

What else you need to know: 
These lasting shades can also be used as a base to improve the hold of any other eye shadow.”


It comes in a cheap lightweight plastic jar with a silver reflective Givenchy logo on the top twistable lid. There is a sticker on the bottom including the name, shade of the product, and other extra information like the size. It feels really cheap and looks really basic. I was hoping for something a little bit more since Givenchy is expensive – maybe using a glass jar instead of a plastic one.






The formula was very creamy and it gave a cream to powder formula with an opaque finish. I usually wear this as a base and I found that the product does make my eye shadows last for a very long time. The thing that surprised me was how it dried so quickly other than that the product was a dream to work with. 



Swatched 1x

Swatched with a brush 1x

Left: Laura Geller Eye Rimz Baked Shadow in Bewitching Bronze
Right: Laura Geller Eye Rimz Baked Shadow in Bewitching Bronze over Givenchy Ombre Couture Cream Eyeshadow in Rose Dentelle 


Availability


Price – $23

Size – 4 g / 0.14 oz

*I received this in a makeup swap from my lovely makeup friend Jacqulene.


Givenchy Ombre Couture Cream Eyeshadow in Rose Dentelle is a great neutral shade that can last throughout the whole day. It’s such a dream to work with and it gives a lovely cream to powder finish. The only bad thing about this product is the price tag (if you’re looking for a cheaper alternative then I would recommend heading to the local drugstore and picking up some Maybelline Color Tattoos instead). I truly love the formula but I don’t like the price tag so I’m totally unsure if I will purchase this product again. As a side note, I didn’t see any unique shades so I don’t think that I would buy another one until there is a unique shade in the line.


Have you tried any Givenchy product before?


Leave a comment below.


As always, thank you so much for reading!

5 comments:

  1. I have this shade and it's my absolute favorite to use with the Naked 3 palette! The price is a bit much for how little product it is, but I tried to justify buying it because I did really well last quarter in my classes. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I'm gonna try this with my Naked 3 Palette later on today! I love your justification on buying stuff when you do well in classes.. by the way, I'm also in a college with a quarter system :)

      Delete
  2. This is a really pretty shade :) Very expensive though for an eyeshadow though! xx

    http://bethht.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - especially when you can find something for cheaper!

      Delete
  3. Interesting, I like this cream eyeshadow.


    __________________________
    Visit https://holief.com/

    ReplyDelete