Birchbox - August 2012 (Beauty School)


Are you ready? :)



Included with this month's box is a pamphlet full of beauty tips and information. 
I like these kind of things even though some of the tips are common sense :)


This month, Birchbox is also teaming up with Pencils of Promise. So go buy buy buy in Birchbox's shop because they will donate 15% to the charity. Pretty neat, eh? ;]

Beauty Fixation | Cuticle Conditioner
Give yourself a spa manicure with these genius pre-filled swabs.
Size Received: Full Size (24 applicators - 0.15 mL EACH)


This stuff is pretty neat! You just snap off one end (with the color band around it) and the cuticle conditioner is running out of the opposite tip. I already have enough cuticle oil so maybe this will be good for on the go! I will probably reuse this container to just put empty cotton swabs in it later when I finish it all up.

Juicy Couture | Viva la Juicy La Fleur
This modern scent is a feminine blend of wild berries, mandarin, and waterlily.
Size Received: Sample Size (.05 fl. oz / 1.5 mL)


I HATE Juicy Couture's perfume. I just can't stand any of it but this one was better than the other ones. I still don't like the scent because it is too overpowering. In the sample box it goes! Hehe. 

Stila | Stay All Day 10-in-1 Beauty Balm, Foundation, and Concealer
These multitasking favorites are your cheat sheet to flawless skin.
Size Received: Sample Size (0.006 oz Beauty Balm /0.006 oz Foundation/0.0003 oz Concealer)


Wow, can you say TINY? So misleading because on the birchbox's page it showed an actual tube of the product. Anyways, I won't be using this. To the sample box it goes!

WEI | Pomegranate Buffing Beads
Mix this powdered exfoliant with your favorite cleanser to create an antioxidant-packed scrub.
Size Received: Sample Size (.5 g / 0.02 oz)


Sounds pretty interesting, so I will be keeping this. I'm saving these to use it with my Clarisonic MIA (when I get it later on).

WEI | Golden Root Purifying Mud Mask
Conquer finicky skin with this clarifying mask: China clay purges dirt and oil from your pores.
Size Received: Sample Size (0.3 oz / 8 mL)


I haven't tried this yet so I don't know...

Schick | Hydro Silk Razor


This was the bonus item of the month and it was definitely a BONUS. I already have a VENUS refillable razor but I will definitely keep this on hand incase I need it later on. They also gave coupons with it so that was handy. Thanks Birchbox! ;)

This month was kind of disappointing in a way that the samples were TINY. It was also misleading because of the Stila tube shown on the picture.. I thought that it was going to be a deluxe sample size, instead I received a card with very TINY amount of each product. I will try the WEI samples later on and the beauty fixation cuticle conditioner was a nice touch. Overall, I'm OKAY with this box. Nothing too great to rave about.

No comments:

Post a Comment