Review: Real Techniques Starter Kit


These are my very first Real Technique brushes.
Since they were my first ones, why not get the Starter Set?

5 Brushes + Folded Case.
The Handle.

All of the brushes in this set have a purple aluminum handle with a black rubber end. Very light in weight and it is just the right length, not too short and not too long. On the handle, there is a beautiful font with the name of the company, Real Techniques, and the creator, of course our lovely Samantha Chapman. On the other side of the handle is the name of the brush.

The Case.

The brushes comes in a  beautiful panoramic case which can stand on it’s on. There is also a handle on the case so you can carry it around. Pretty neat, eh? I love how they also give you another 2 elastic band on the left side so you can store whatever brush you want in the case (picture below).


So lets take a look at each brush individually…


I don't fill in my eyebrows so I thought that this brush was going to be useless but it wasn't at all! I used this to define my outer v when I put on eye shadows. I also use this as a crease/highlighting brush.


It is dense but I won't use it to line my upper lash line. It was too thick for my taste but I would definitely use it to apply eye shadow on my lower lash line/water line. If I was going for a thicker look on my lash line, I would definitely use this! By the way, it's tapered so it was easy going into the corner of my eye.


This brush gets the job done! It is stiff and PERFECT for tiny little details and highlighting (especially in the inner corner of my eyes). I haven't used it as a smudging tool but I will get to it.


Another one of my favorites in this set. This is definitely huge and it gets the job done quickly. It is so easy blending with this brush and I absolutely love it. Soft and dense; also very easy to use! It may be a little bit TOO big but I still love it! ;]


It is fluffy and tapered and picks up just the right amount of product.

All of the bristles are made out of taklon, which is synthetic and that means that it is cruelty free! :)


Name of the Product: Real Techniques Starter Set
Material of the Brush: Synthetic Taklon Bristles
Original Value: $18
How Much I Bought It For: $7.32 (including s&h)

Pros:
  • Affordable
  • Great for applying cream or powder product
  • Soft bristles
  • Synthetic Taklon Bristles (Cruelty Free)
  • Versatile
  • Comes with a brush case
Cons:
  • Some of the brushes may be big to some people.

No comments:

Post a Comment