Review and Swatch: Urban Decay Vegan Palette


Urban Decay's Vegan Palette!



"Vegan cosmetics are formulated without any ingredients from animal sources, including materials that come indirectly from an animal, like honey," says Wende Zomnir, co-creator of Urban Decay Cosmetics.  Her company's limited-edition vegan palette for the eyes features a primer, an eyeliner, and six shadows that can be used wet or dry.




The packaging is beautiful with a lot of adorable animals and cute fonts throughout the whole packaging. On the front it says, “We don’t do animal testing…how could anyone?” And on the back, that quote is restated again with more information about the company and the products.


Ummm, NEWS FLASH Urban Decay! You almost did sell out to China and they definitely do animal testing… just saying.

Anyways, the palette is made out of cardboard with a magnetic closure. It was strong and sturdy so there’s nothing to complain about. Well, my Minx’s pan was loose but I think that I’ll be depotting these eye shadows onto a freestyle palette.


All of these eye shadows are true to color. They are so easy to work with because they are smooth and blendable with awesome color pay off.





Minx, URB, Gunmetal, Twice Baked, Smog, and Half-Baked




 Minx – Light blue with silver glitter
URB – Olive green w/ a slight golden undertone
Gunmetal – Gray and can turn to grayish dark (look at both of the swatches)



Twice Baked – Dark chocolate brown
Smog – Shimmery bronze
Half-Baked – Light golden copper


Mini Primer Potion in Sin – Pinkish Champagne



Mini 24/7 Pencil in Zero – Black 


Original Palette: $34.00
How Much I Paid For: $12.00
6 Eye Shadows: 0.9 g / 0.03 oz EACH pan
Miniature 24/7 Eyeliner in Zero: 0.8 g / 0.03 oz
Miniature Primer Potion in Sin:  3.7 mL / .13 fl. Oz


This set is amaze balls! Well to be honest, I think that every Urban Decay set is amazing. I got this on sale for only $13 but it was well worth the price. I love all of the shades even though I already have 3 of it (Gunmetal, Smog, and Half Baked) from their Naked Palette. I absolutely love Minx, URB, and Twice Baked too! These are all beautiful colors and I don’t regret getting it. I think that I will depot these into a freestyle palette though so I can combine these with my other palettes from Urban Decay that I have.

And... I apologize for not posting a look with this palette! Maybe I'll add one in later :)

10 comments:

  1. I have this one too! I haven't met a UD product I didn't love! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm on the same boat! one of my favorite makeup brand :) or should I say that it is?! haha

      Delete
  2. I'm in love! The packaging is brilliant and the colors are beautiful! *o* I also like how the palette includes an eyeliner and primer~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, Urban Decay palettes are indeed awesome! :)

      Delete
  3. pretty! how did you get such a good deal on it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I luv Urban Decay and that palette is so pretty. I just wish they did sales like that in the UK :-( xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's REALLY pretty! :) hopefully they'll ship internationally soon.

      Delete
  5. Hi Vicky - thanks for the comment and link to your blog! I am a new follower- loving your work. Keep it up - great post!

    Claire x
    glitterandjelly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this one, really great to see someone who has the same opinion as I do. Haha, thanks for sharing! x

    makeupbyisabelc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete