Review and Swatches: NARS Blush Palette in Realm of the Senses and Soulshine


NARS Blush Palette in Realm of the Senses (Left) & Soulshine (Right).

NARS just recently released 2 LIMITED EDITION cheek palettes exclusively at Sephora which are named Realm of the Senses and Soulshine. Keep on reading to see what I think about them +photos and swatches.



“Play up cheekbones with a shimmering color pop. This mosaic of three beautiful colors is perfect for layering on a lustrous highlight or creating a sophisticated sculpted look.”


Outer Packaging.

The cheek palettes are in NARS signature black rubberized compact packaging. There is a mirror on the inside lid and the product is embossed with a shimmery golden NARS logo (...the NARS logo is cute but the shimmer golden shade is just an overspray in which it’ll be gone in 2-3 uses!)

BYE BYE Golden Overspray :(


I found the products to be quite powdery and I felt that I was wasting a bunch of product. I use my real techniques blush brush and I’ve never had a problem with it. These are very finely milled and soft (very easy to blend) but I’m not too impressed with excess product lying around the sides. "Realm of the Senses" does have 3 shades that can be used as a highlighter, bronzer, and blush BUT I can't seem to find that in "Soulshine" (it does have 2 pretty blush and a highlighter though).


Realm of the Senses – Sheer peach, shimmering bronzed rose, and sparkling gold sand.

NARS in Realm of the Senses.


Soulshine – Peachy pink with gold shimmer, sheer golden apricot, and a soft rose tone with golden shimmer.

NARS in Soulshine.


Price – $41.00
Size – 0.42 oz


NARS blushes are regularly $29 for 0.16 oz so this cheek palette is really a good value!

*My boyfriend bought both of these products for me*


Shades blended together in each palette and this is what you get (NO EDIT EXCEPT FOR FONT).

To be honest, I’m not impressed with these especially when my boyfriend paid $41 EACH. I’m thinking about returning one of the palette and getting something else that I would truly love. I found this product wasteful (excess fall out in pan) but it is definitely pretty. I would not recommend anyone to run out to buy this; play with it a little at Sephora and see if it’s for you or not. Definitely a miss in my book and I’m left unsatisfied. If I had to pick one or the other I would pick Soulshine as my favorite one. Highlighting? Check. Blush? Check. Sculpting? Only in the shade Realm of the Senses. I just can't seem to love this product after playing with it for several days.

Anyways, what’s your favorite NARS product?

Thanks for reading!

8 comments:

  1. Both of these look so gorgeous to me, but as someone who doesn't wear a lot of cheek products, I can't justify the price.

    - Hao
    haodoyoungo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. to be honest.. $41 is a lot for a cheek product >.< haha

      Delete
  2. great photos and review. it's refreshing to hear someone dislike an expensive makeup product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! it's just me being honest whether its inexpensive or expensive :)

      Delete
  3. I wish this had a lower price since it isn't that great! It's kinda sad because the product looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NARS will always be more on the expensive side ;) it wasn't worth the $41 (in my opinion) but it might be for others!

      Delete
  4. These look gorgeous! I wish i could afford to have little splurges on products like these now and again, or convince the boyfriend that I need them, but i cant, sad face.
    I love the style and look of your blog, I've followed, is that the right word? added you to my circle to stay in the loop of your blog!
    Stevie xo

    www.madnessandmummyhood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome boyfriend lol!

    I like the look of the Realm of the Senses, but I haven't figured out how to use blush/bronzers on myself yet so I probably won't run flying to Sephora but the swatches look lovely!!!

    I like your honest reviews too.

    ReplyDelete