Review and Swatches: Maybelline Bleached Neons Color Tattoos for Summer 2014 in Sunwashed Sky (110) and Shimmering Sea (115) + COMPARISONS alongside Cool Crush and Seashore Frosts.


Sunwashed Sky (Left) & Shimmering Sea (Right)

BRAND NEW LIMITED EDITION Color Tattoos started popping up here and there and I was definitely on the hunt since I own every single Maybelline Color Tattoo that they have ever released.. addicted much? Uhm, yes!

Anyways, I got my hands on them so come check out my review AND COMPARISON.




 "Dare to shine 24/7.
• Ink technology creates 24HR wear shadow for our most intense, long-lasting color saturation   
• Cream formula glides on without creasing and keeps color vibrant"


The product is in a heavy glass jar with a black screw on lid. The sticker labels are located on the black lid and you can see the actual color of the Color Tattoos on the other side. These specific Color Tattoos do have a LIMITED EDITION shrink wrap on them and there are only TWO slots for EACH shade on the display so grab 'em quick.


Both of the Maybelline Color Tattoos in this collection were very easy to apply. They are creamy just like Summer 2013's line and I prefer them to be 'slippery' since it makes blending and application a whole lot easier. Don't get me wrong, these DO last for a long time even though they may be creamier and 'slippery-er' than the others. You can use a brush to apply but I prefer a clean finger. Once applied on the lid, I use a clean synthetic blending brush to blend the cream eyeshadow out. You definitely can't go wrong with Color Tattoos; they've been such a huge hit since their debut!








Price - $5.79 EACH
Size - 0.14 oz

*I found them at my Bed Bath and Beyond; I have also paid for these products with my own money.


Maybelline is on a roll and I'm glad that they are releasing more and more Color Tattoos. I just find it a bit odd that they are VERY very very similar to their previous Summer 2013 Color Tattoos in the shades Cool Crush and Seashore Frosts (more details and swatches below). I think that Maybelline could've done something more unique with this Summer line like bright neons or bright matte shades but we will always have next year!!

Anyways, I don't really mind even though this is a repeat from last year's collection. I really enjoy owning great inexpensive products that works really well - heck, who wants to pay $20 for a MAC Paint Pot? Don't get me wrong, I do own some but I definitely won't be buying anymore if Maybelline keeps releasing more and more of these awesome creamy Color Tattoos.

A product that is easy to apply, long lasting, and inexpensive that everyone must get their hands on. It's definitely a two thumbs up!!





There's a SLIGHT difference when seen in person;

Will you be on the hunt for these brand new LIMITED EDITION Color Tattoos?!

Leave your comments below :)


10 comments:

  1. I will be hunting for these! They have such a pretty color shift to them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margo, you should definitely keep an eye out for these! I can't wait to hear your review on them :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, they're pretty similar. Should have just re-released the old ones and maybe made new ones. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I don't think that people are going too crazy for these though.. Hopefully Maybelline will make more 'interesting' shades in the future.

      Delete
  3. I didn't even realize that they had duochrome color tattoos. They look beautiful and now I have to get them. I wasn't really a fan of the dryer consistency of my Bad to The Bronze one though.

    - Hao
    haodoyoungo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hao! They released a whole set last year and this year are the same ones just a tad bit different. They are definitely beautiful especially on the eyes. These are also way more creamier than the originals or previous releases but are still long wearing!

      Delete
  4. I was going to pick these two up yesterday when I spotted the collection at Wallgreens, but I put them back. They seemed very dupable, don't get me wrong I love the Color Tattoos but these just didnt impress me at all.

    www.drugstoredreamer.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the 3rd time I have tried to write this. i really love this post, its laid out beautfiully, easy to read, and really informative, you have definately given me some inspiration for my reviews on my blog. thanks hun!
    http://beansbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. so wish i could buy these in the UK! x

    ReplyDelete